Sunday, May 22, 2005

Saturday Evening

PSALM 145
My soul, praise the Lord.
As long as I live I shall praise the Lord;
I shall sing psalms to my God all my life long.
Put no trust in princes,
or in any mortal, for they have no power to save.
When they breathe their last breath,
they return to the dust,
and on that day their plans come to nothing.

Happy is he whose helper is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the Lord his God,
maker of heaven and earth,
the sea, and all this is in them;
who maintains faithfulness for ever
and deals out justice to the oppressed.
The Lord feeds the hungry
and sets the prisoner free.
The Lord restores sight to the blind
and raises those who are bowed down;
the Lord loves the righteous
and protects the stranger in the land;
the Lord gives support to the fatherless and the widow,
but thwarts the course of the wicked.

The Lord will reign forever, Zion,
your God for all generations.
Praise the Lord.

MAGNIFICAT
My soul magnifies the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior;
Because He has regarded the lowliness of His handmaid;
for behold, henceforth all generations shall call me blessed;
Because He who is mighty has done great things for me,
and Holy is His Name;
And His mercy is from generation to generation on those who fear Him.
He has shown might with His arm,
He has scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart.
He has put down the mighty from their thrones,
and has exalted the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent away empty.
He has given help to Israel, His servant, mindful of His mercy
Even as He spoke to our fathers -
to Abraham and to his posterity forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment