Thursday, December 17, 2015

"(All I want for Christmas is to be slapped by an elected official.)"



I don't even know what the phrase means anymore.  I really don't.  And I understand even less what the steer has to do with anything.  Ever tried to ride a steer?  It's not something you do if there's any alternative available.

Is the Texas Ag Commissioner trying to say there were cowboys at the manger?  Or there would have been?  Well, the real cowboys like Ennis and Jack I can imagine there; not the Hollywood/John Wayne cowboys, like the one in this picture.

As for the Texas AG's offer to slap the next person who says "Happy Holidays" to him, I'm just glad Bing Crosby is dead.  Who knew he and Irving Berlin were starting a war on Christmas that was determined to take Christ out of this eponymous holiday?

I do wonder if AG Commissioner Miller will be looking for a church to attend on December 25th.  I mean, if you want to keep the "Christ" in "Christmas," shouldn't you keep the "Mas[s]," too?  Because otherwise, really: what does that phrase mean?


1 comment:

  1. You wonder how those cowboys could abide The Bible saying that the sheep herders were not only there but were called there by an angel.

    ReplyDelete