Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Oy

HIATT: Just back to the campaign. You are smart and you went to a good school. Yet you are up there and talking about your hands and the size of private …

TRUMP: No …

HIATT: … your private parts.

TRUMP: No, no. No, no. I am not doing that.

HIATT: Do you regret having engaged in that?

TRUMP: No, I had to do it. Look, this guy. Here’s my hands. Now I have my hands, I hear, on the New Yorker, a picture of my hands.

MARCUS: You’re on the cover.

TRUMP: A hand with little fingers coming out of a stem. Like, little. Look at my hands. They’re fine. Nobody other than Graydon Carter years ago used to use that. My hands are normal hands. During a debate, he was losing, and he said, “Oh, he has small hands and therefore, you know what that means.” This was not me. This was Rubio that said, “He has small hands and you know what that means.” Okay? So, he started it. So, what I said a couple of days later … and what happened is I was on line shaking hands with supporters, and one of supporters got up and he said, “Mr. Trump, you have strong hands. You have good-sized hands.” And then another one would say, “You have great hands, Mr. Trump, I had no idea.” I said, “What do you mean?” He said, “I thought you were like deformed, and I thought you had small hands.” I had fifty people … Is that a correct statement? I mean people were writing, “How are Mr. Trump’s hands?” My hands are fine. You know, my hands are normal. Slightly large, actually. In fact, I buy a slightly smaller than large glove, okay? No, but I did this because everybody was saying to me, “Oh, your hands are very nice. They are normal.” So Rubio, in a debate, said, because he had nothing else to say … now I was hitting him pretty hard. He wanted to do his Don Rickles stuff and it didn’t work out. Obviously, it didn’t work too well. But one of the things he said was “He has small hands and therefore, you know what that means, he has small something else.” You can look it up. I didn’t say it.

MARCUS: You chose to raise it …

TRUMP: No, I chose to respond.

MARUS: You chose to respond.

TRUMP: I had no choice.

MARCUS: You chose to raise it during a debate. Can you explain why you had no choice?

TRUMP: I don’t want people to go around thinking that I have a problem. I’m telling you, Ruth, I had so many people. I would say 25, 30 people would tell me … every time I’d shake people’s hand, “Oh, you have nice hands.” Why shouldn’t I? And, by the way, by saying that I solved the problem. Nobody questions … I even held up my hands, and said, “Look, take a look at that hand.”

MARCUS: You told us in the debate ….

TRUMP: And by saying that, I solved the problem. Nobody questions. Everyone held my hand. I said look. Take a look at that hand.

MARCUS: You told us in the debate that you guaranteed there was not another problem. Was that presidential? And why did you decide to do that?

TRUMP: I don’t know if it was presidential, honestly, whether it is or not. He said, ‘Donald Trump has small hands and therefore he has small something else.’ I didn’t say that. And all I did is when he failed, when he was failing, when he was, when Christie made him look bad, I gave him the– a little recap and I said,  and I said, and I had this big strong powerful hand ready to grab him, because I thought he was going to faint. And everybody took it fine. Whether it was presidential or not I can’t tell you. I can just say that what he said was a lie. And everybody, they wanted to do stories on my hands; after I said that, they never did. And then I held up the hand, I showed people the hand. You know, when I’ve got a big audience. So yeah, I think it’s not a question of presidential …

MARCUS: He said he regrets …

HIATT: Okay, let’s move on here. Let’s move on.

TRUMP: I did feel I should respond. Maybe I’m wrong. I don’t know. But I felt I should respond because everybody was talking about it.

Or you can support the guy who wants to make Jewish ghettoes in Nazi Germany out of "Muslim neighborhoods" in the U.S.

And scattered across the internet are people who would rather vote for the guy obsessed by his hands than the woman who was once our Secretary of State, just because they won't be able to feel the Bern in November, and they're going to teach America a lesson in rejecting their favored candidate.

The whole thing makes you reconsider not only whether humanity is nature's last word, but whether or not giving everyone the vote is such a good idea, after all.

3 comments:

  1. One of the great and horrific lessons of this election season is that a large percentage of those on the nominal left are irrational, not nearly as bright as they love to believe they are and unable to learn from the hardest of lessons such as the 2000 election and coup taught. And it's not just the young who were barely able to take that in, most of the serious Anyone But Hillary idiocy I'm hearing is coming from those in middle age and older.

    I'm beginning to think the real reason the left has failed is that too many people on the left are as lazy and stupid as they are conceited and self-righteous.

    Bernie Sanders, at this point, is not helping. Great as he has been in other positions, his role as a presidential candidate this year is showing up some rather glaring weaknesses. One of those, I think, is that he realizes that he has to play to the lazy, stupid, conceited idiots or he has a considerably smaller audience than the substance of his message contains. I had a lot more respect for Bernie Sanders before this than I do now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the great and horrific lessons of this election season is that a large percentage of those on the nominal left are irrational, not nearly as bright as they love to believe they are and unable to learn from the hardest of lessons such as the 2000 election and coup taught. And it's not just the young who were barely able to take that in, most of the serious Anyone But Hillary idiocy I'm hearing is coming from those in middle age and older.

    I'm beginning to think the real reason the left has failed is that too many people on the left are as lazy and stupid as they are conceited and self-righteous.

    Bernie Sanders, at this point, is not helping. Great as he has been in other positions, his role as a presidential candidate this year is showing up some rather glaring weaknesses. One of those, I think, is that he realizes that he has to play to the lazy, stupid, conceited idiots or he has a considerably smaller audience than the substance of his message contains. I had a lot more respect for Bernie Sanders before this than I do now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm beginning to think the real reason the left has failed is that too many people on the left are as lazy and stupid as they are conceited and self-righteous."

    I've always had trouble distinguishing one extreme from the other.

    ReplyDelete