Wednesday, March 23, 2016

This is how you do it

Honestly, I wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't post this.  The context should be perfectly obvious, but for posterity I'll say this is President Obama after he's just left Cuba:

"As far as the notion of having surveillance of neighborhoods where Muslims are present, I just left a country that engages in that kind of neighborhood surveillance, which, by the way, the father of Sen. Cruz escaped for America, the land of the free," he said.
Cruz is still stumbling over himself to walk back that idiocy, without walking it back at all.  And they said real life is never like this:


Yup.  That's how you do it.

4 comments:

  1. Cool. Obama seems to be enjoying his final months in office. He may be the coolest president ever. I will miss him when he's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clip leaves off the ending of that scene, which I loved. Bartlett turns to his political advisor and says "You asked me how I'm going to beat him" (Bartlett has just started to run for re-election). "That's how I do it."

    Mic drop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't see a Democratic political advisor not having seizure if a Democrat did that. Maybe they should consider that most people would be thrilled if one would do that to the gutter media. Only, my guess would be, their fellows in the "leftist" media would attack the politician for sins against their profession. I think, in the end, journalists are primarily all about their profession, not rights and, certainly, not moral obligations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who are the "leftest" media? As far as the cable channels, they're all pathetic media. Sometimes I find myself switching to Fox under the Monty Python rule, "And now for something completely different."

    ReplyDelete