Tuesday, July 25, 2017

The wheels on the bus are in the ditch....


The usual response is "To spend more time with his family:"

“He does have the ability to go away on his own, just taking a little time off,” Nauert said. “He’s got a lot of work, he just came back from that mega trip overseas, as you all know … so he’s entitled to take a few days for himself.”

“I don’t think anyone’s arguing against that,” the reporter replied. “But why not just say he’s on vacation then?”


“I don’t know what’s standard for Secretary of State, how they actually list private days,” Nauert said. “I can check to see what the prior arrangements were.”

The spokesperson’s dodge comes just days afte it was reported Tillerson is considering an early exit from the State Department. Nauert on Monday pushed back on those reports.

“Secretary Tillerson is committed to staying at the State Department,” she said on “The Hugh Hewitt Show.”

I'm trying to remember an SOS who disappeared from public view before.  I can't think of one.  And then there's Jeff Sessions:

“When they say he endorsed me, I went to Alabama,” Trump said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal. “I had 40,000 people.”

“But he was a senator, he looks at 40,000 people and he probably says, ’What do I have to lose?’ And he endorsed me,” Trump explained. “So it’s not like a great loyal thing about the endorsement.”

“I’m very disappointed in Jeff Sessions,” Trump added.

President Trump is also now openly talking of firing Attorney General Sessions, but won’t reveal if he plans to oust him.

“I’m just looking at it,” Trump said when asked why he has criticized Sessions without firing him. “I’ll just see. It’s a very important thing.”

Honestly, I think only a damned fool would join Trump's cabinet at this point.  And yet, this morning, I heard speculation that Ted Cruz might replace Sessions.  But Cruz already shot that down.

So who will be fool enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment