Adventus

"The central doctrine of Christianity, then, is not that God is a bastard. It is, in the words of the late Dominican theologian Herbert McCabe, that if you don’t love you’re dead, and if you do, they’ll kill you."--Terry Eagleton

"It is impossible for me to say in my book one word about all that music has meant in my life. How then can I hope to be understood?--Ludwig Wittgenstein

“The opposite of poverty is not wealth; the opposite of poverty is justice."--Bryan Stevenson

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

So, what is "white"?


"Is Sophia Vergara White?" is still the most visited post on this blog (I'm still not sure it isn't just for the picture).  So, is the guy in the picture white?  He says not:

“I’m not even f*cking white, so how am I a superior race?” he asked rhetorically. “I’m Spanish, listen: ‘Puerto Ricano.'”

Do people from Spain recognize Puerto Ricans as "Spanish"?  Do they recognize themselves as white?

By the way, this guy marched with the KKK in Charlotesville and bragged about beating up a black teenager.  So whatever he is, he's certainly a racist.

But is he white?

Oh, these problems of categories.....

1 Comments:

Blogger The Thought Criminal said...

He's also a criminal who should go to jail.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home